Friday, May 20, 2011

A script to find Dropbox conflicts

A script to find Dropbox conflicts - Dropbox has become my favorite method of syncing files. The one thing I don't really like about it is how it handles the times when multiple computers report new versions of a file. Dropbox decides to keep both, and adds the words Conflicted Copy and some other info to the filename of the one it's not sure about. I got tired of regularly having to manually hunt for such files, so I wrote a script to do it for me.

This AppleScript uses the find command to find the affected files. It opens Finder windows with each file selected so they're easy to find and deal with. I hope this script is as useful to you as it has been to me.

Paste this into AppleScript Editor and save it as an Application. Run it whenever you want to find conflicted copies.

(Via MacOSXHints.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment