Thursday, August 11, 2011

Why Don't I Have Multitasking on my Third-Generation iPod touch?

Why Don't I Have Multitasking on my Third-Generation iPod touch? -

I have a third-generation iPod touch (running iOS 3.3.1), and I recently updated the software to iOS 4.2.1. I can get all the new features: AirPrint, AirPlay, folders, and so on. The only thing I can’t get is multitasking. Is there something I can do to get this feature, or can I just not get it at all with the third-gen?

Multitasking is supported on the 32 and 64GB models of the third- generation iPod touch running iOS 4, according to the fine print on the Apple iOS 4 website; however, we suspect that you have an 8GB second-gen iPod touch. These 8GB models were sold alongside the third-gen devices; however, they do not support multitasking, even if you update to iOS 4.

Double-clicking the Home button will let you switch between apps quickly.

If your device does support multitasking, you can double-click on the Home button to bring up the task bar. Tap on any app to go back to where you left off in that application. Touching and holding on any one icon will start them all jiggling and allow you to remove the application from the multitasking tray, quitting it. This is a useful trick to keep in mind if one of your apps is misbehaving (cough, cough, Facebook, cough).

(Via Mac|Life all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment